Politicians in Madison have killed two legislative proposals that would have ended the trade and use of aborted fetal tissue. Take 30 seconds to stand and be counted on this important issue by clicking the button above!
1.) End dismemberment abortion.
2.) Stop the sale & use of abortion-derived fetal tissue.
3.) Fight efforts to legalize physician-assisted suicide.
4.) End sex-selection abortion.
Keep track of federal right-to-life legislative issues by visiting National Right to Life.
Did you know? Speaker Paul Ryan has prioritized defunding Planned Parenthood in Congress. Learn more about Planned Parenthood and abortion.
Have questions about legislation? Send us an
Know the key pro-life votes in the State Assembly and Senate, and how your legislator stood on the right to life!
Want to see voting records from previous years? Email
Sometimes an idea is too good to be true. Wisconsin Right to Life knows a Personhood Amendment is one of those ideas. Our state is already in the best position possible to protect unborn children by keeping, and not negatively impacting, our lifesaving abortion ban (s. 940.04) which is already on the books in Wisconsin.
We are all weary of the long struggle to end abortion and want a solution. However, there are very important reasons why a personhood strategy is risky and unnecessary for Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin has an abortion ban in the statutes (s. 940.04) which prohibits abortion. This law cannot be enforced because of the Roe v. Wade decision which legalized abortion.
- Once Roe v. Wade is reversed, Wisconsin will be one of the first states in the nation to protect the unborn and shut down its abortion clinics because the abortion ban is already in place.
- A Personhood Amendment to the Wisconsin Constitution creates a serious risk of making the Wisconsin abortion ban (s. 940.04) invalid.
- A Personhood Amendment will not stop a single abortion because it is a philosophical statement which does not prohibit abortion and penalize those who perform them.
- A Personhood Amendment will not overturn Roe v. Wade. Granting personhood of the unborn child has been proposed to the U.S. Supreme Court in over 25 cases and the Court has not accepted this argument.
Share this flier with friends to help protect Wisconsin's lifesaving abortion ban.